Thursday, April 2, 2009

Move Over, Bozo!

My kids have really bad chapped lips and Loch Monster's are the worst. We call them his "troll lips." We even have our own sign language for "Put lip stuff on." Sometimes the area around their lips gets chapped as well because they lick them so much. And worse yet, sometimes their cheeks get chapped in this cold winter weather. So as their mom, it's my job to take care of them and teach them how to take care of themselves. I often put their chapstick on for them, going a little bit "outside of the lines" to get the chapped area around the lips and also dabbing a little on their chapped cheeks. Well, I do that for the girls. Loch Monster is big enough to take care of himself. Or so I thought.
I did the universal Smith household sign for "Put lip stuff on" and Loch Monster did just as he was told. One problem: he couldn't find his regular clear/white chapstick so instead used his red chapstick. Hence the big red lips and smears on the cheeks. Send in the clowns!!!

No comments: