Candid pictures taken at a Campbell family party. I won't bore you with all the pictures of presents or family or food - just the precious highlights.
Sweet Pea - I think she's going to grow up to be a model. She loves posing for the camera.
Loch Monster - Tender, quiet, brilliant and quick as a whip.
Jellybean - VERY independent and headstrong, hilarious!
Grandpa Campbell singing carols. He had encephalitis of the brain 11 years ago when I was pregnant with Loch Monster. I was terrified that my Grandpa would send me my firstborn child instead of meet him here in this life. He's since been around for many more great-grandchildren coming into the family despite not ever being the same man that he used to be before getting sick and we cherish every moment we get to still have him with us.
My Grandma plays this STUPID $5 gift exchange game every year. We hate it and the spirit of the holiday is completely lost but none of us dare tell that to Grandma. She'd have a fit. This year she finally did size-down the game to only include children under the age of 18 instead of every single person. I was trying to forget that I needed to take three $5 gifts for my kids to put into the pot but sadly remembered that day, a Sunday, that I was suppose to be a dutiful granddaughter and participate. So I scrambled through the house looking for new, child-appropriate white elephant gifts valued around $5. I found a Kid's Apron and Chef Hat set from Pampered Chef that I still had lying around, in the package, unopened. It costs more than $5 but it was one of the three gifts I needed. It would have to do. Of all the gifts on the floor to choose from, having no idea which gifts I prepared and brought, Jellybean picked the apron and hat. She's a wonder!! And she thinks she's the coolest kid ever and is always asking to help with dinner or treats so that she can wear her new duds.






No comments:
Post a Comment