Somebody was very generous to our family this year. We had secret elves visit us late that Saturday night and share with us these goodies. Eric answered the door and when he told me what it was, I hastily told him to yell "thank you" into the cold night air in hopes that our elves were still nearby.
I just sat on the couch and bawled. It's so different being on the receiving end and I was having a hard time accepting it. I didn't feel we were hurting bad enough to receive such service. I was reminded by a very special friend that I know what it feels like to give like this and that I couldn't deny or take away the opportunity for somebody else to feel those same feelings.
I was scared to count the money in the Christmas Jar. I was scared to know the total and know how much somebody really sacrificed for us. Tonight, Jan. 24th, we counted all those coins and the surprise $50 bill hiding in the middle of all of them. Somebody sacrificed a lot for us!! If you know who did this for us, PLEASE tell them thank you from the bottom of my heart. Whomever did this knows our family because they chose gifts perfect for my kids. You forever blessed me and my family with your generosity. I'll never forget this Christmas! THANK YOU!


No comments:
Post a Comment