This is screen or curtain thingy (a scrim? Is that what it's called Theatre Steph?) on the front of the stage. Images were projected on it as the concert started. Eric got us super awesome seats - dead center, 13 rows from the front. I had to take a picture of us in the theater to prove that we were really there.
We all got Barry Manilow glow sticks. It really killed me to crack mine to make it glow because I wanted to keep it in pristine shape forever but I succombed to the masses. I had nowhere to put it for safe keeping than where you see it in the picture. One hand was holding my camera, the other had the phone texting my sister. What's a girl to do?
Here's just a few random shots of Barry that actually turned out to some degree.
Now for the best part of the evening (no, not that part - do you really think I'd tell you about that part?!?!?!) The concert was practically over, or so I thought, and he hadn't done Copacabana. That's my favorite song (it's got a good beat and I can dance to it - for all you American Bandstand fans out there). I was getting sad that he wasn't going to sing it but then he said, "We can't end this show and not do this song." Then the music started for Copacabana. I raced for my camera because that's the one song I wanted video of. I missed the first few measures but caught the rest of it. Thanks to Eric's great choice of seats, this up-top part of his performance was right in front of us. Had we been any closer to the stage, we wouldn't have got such a great view of this song!! (Pause the playlist at the bottom of the blog before you watch the video.)
We were really there! I still can't believe it! What an amazing experience! Eric is the best husband EVER!! He was so thoughtful to celebrate our anniversary in a way that was really mostly all about me and doing something that I'd just dreamed about doing for such a long time. I'll never forget that night! (Mostly because it was pretty much my anniversary, birthday and Christmas gifts all rolled into one big present!)










13 comments:
Can I just tell you how much you make me laugh!!! I love your inner geek that comes out so often ;) I'm glad you've succumbed to the fates of the blogging Gods. I'm over at lishandricky.blogspot.com :) See you tuesday.
How fun! I'm glad that you caved to peer pressure and started a blog. Thanks for sharing your Barry Manilow mania! :)
Julie - I so TOTALLY jealous! I love Barry Manilow too - LUCKY!
Welcome to blogging world!
www.hooleytime.blogspot.com
Woo-hoo Julie! Welcome to the dark side. (bwaaa-haa-ha) Great first post, and I love the title of your blog. You are so creative, and stinkin' hilarious. I can't wait to hear more of your inner voice!
Yeah another blog that I can follow!! Check mine out at zobellfam.blogspot.com. Also I must say I am a fanilow as well!! We stayed at the Hilton over the summer and I LOVED the manilow store!! Congrats on the blog.
How totally AWESOME!! Way to go Eric!
Thanks for sharing your blog with us - You are a fun-to-read writer (hope that makes sense!)
Can I tell you how unfair it is that your blog is already super cute and you just started?! Glad you joined the blogging world - you have a fabulous family!
Hello from Amman! Love Barry! He writes the songs! Welcome to blog world. I am going to add you to my blog list if that's ok so I can keep up on your lives.
Nice and welcome, sit down, have a fruit roll-up and enjoy the bloggin ride!
Oh, sorry, yes the thing probably was a scrim. A scrim is solid if you shine lights from the audience view but if you shine lights from back stage it becomes see-through. So it probably was a scrim of some sort.
How exciting! There is nothing better than seeing your favorite performer in concert! Congrats on 14 years, too!
Hey I didn't realize that you and Eric got married as quick as Ricky and I did. There is hope for us after all. :)
So Pete got off the couch to come see your blog! He must like you people. Thanks for joinging the herd... it'll be fun to legally spy on ya'll!
Post a Comment