Friday, October 31, 2008

"Scary" Halloween

Halloween really isn't my most favorite holiday. Having a birthday the day before meant that I got a lot of Halloween birthday parties. I hate, uh . . . greatly dislike, getting dressed up myself let alone finding costumes for my kids. Bless their hearts, though. This year they all wanted to be what they were last year except the scary (or scarier) versions of those so we added face and hair paint, brooms and some serious back-combing. I can handle $20 bucks for this year's Halloween costs.




Since they wanted to be the scary (or scarier) version of last year's costume, I felt they had to act mean, too. What kind of sick idea was that, Julie, to ask them to be nasty?!?!?! They just couldn't pull off the mean, scary face, though. Maybe it's because I was laughing too hard.




My latest crush, besides a-hunk-a-hunk-a-burnin'-love Barry, is my nephew, BabyCakes. At Family Home Evening on Monday night, we all came (sorry, they all came - remember, I don't do costumes) dressed up for the Halloween festivities planned by Grandma. Ever seen the Disney cartoon about Lambert, the Sheepish Lion? (I know the whole song, by the way. Ask me - I'll sing it for you.) Well, here's our version and BabyCakes' real name sounds almost like Lambert so I love singing the song to him.




And what kind of aunt would I be if I didn't give the other two youngest nephews some air time, too? :-)


2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

That pic of Landon on his side is cute with his little tail hanging to the side. I want copies of the photos you took that night if you don't mind.

Lish said...

haha I know lambert the sheepish lion too!! Growing up I lived on Lambert Ave. Every time I go visit i have to start singing the song. The kids look great!!!